Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Why is playing Maharashtrian special for Rani? - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

A Bengali brought up in Mumbai, Rani Mukherjee says essaying a Maharashtrian girl in Aiyyaa made it all the more special.
The role of a Maharashtrian girl named
Meenakshi Deshpande in the movie was like a
dream come true for her, says Rani.

"I have always said that I am actually a
Maharashtrian girl because I have been born
and brought up in Maharashtra. Being a
Mumbaikar, Marathi language is not alien to me. It was my dream or wish that some day I
should play a Marathi girl's role and with
Aiyyaa, this dream has come true," the 34-
year-old said at a promotional event here.

An Anurag Kashyap production, Aiyyaa,
releasing Oct 12, also stars southern actor
Prithviraj.

Read More Here :
Why is playing Maharashtrian special for Rani? - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

No comments:

Post a Comment